Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hello 2018 :)

Everyone is saying this and yes, I am going to be one of those people, but seriously, where did 2017 go!? It literally feels like yesterday we were out with friends on New Year's Eve celebrating the coming of 2017. As I look back through my year, it all feels like a blur. I had a great year though; I know for a lot of people and a lot of the world, 2017 wasn't great, but for my own personal life, 2017 was wonderful. 2017 was a year of completely new adventures. This was the first full year, in the 5 years we've been together, that Mark and I have spent together where we weren't long distance in some way. Which means everything we did was new from small stuff like grocery shopping to big stuff like exploring South Korea and international travel.

During this time together, we got to explore and settle into life in Seoul, South Korea. We found our favorite spots walk around and visit, our favorite places to eat, our favorite Korean foods, and many new places. We've come to appreciate so many things about Seoul, like the amazing subway system, the convenience stores on every corner, the street food, the huge malls, Lotte Tower in the skyline, the well-kept bike trails, and so much more. Korea truly became a home this year.

2017 brought us on our first international vacation together. We were blessed with the ability to travel to Siem Reap, Cambodia; Chiang Mai, Thailand; and Nha Trang, Vietnam for two weeks. We experienced cultures and foods we, especially me, never thought we would ever experience. This vacation was one of the highlights of my year; as someone who always wanted to travel, I'm so happy we were able to travel to these countries.

Now that 2017 is over, I'm excited about what 2018 has in store. We are in our last 6 months of our South Korea tour and we will be on to our next duty station. We're spending the last 6 months in Seoul trying to enjoy it as much as we possibly can. We know that if Mark ever comes down with orders to Korea again, we know for sure that we won't be in Seoul, so we plan to enjoy our last 6 months we will ever live in Seoul as much as we can. We will be travelling to our next duty station and visiting home in Summer 2018 and we're hoping that we will enjoy it. I'll announce where we're off too when its more set in stone and we have hard orders, but we are excited. 

I currently don't have super planned resolutions for this year, but I have ideas that I'm working on solidifying. I want to read more and read books I wouldn't normally read. I want to spend more time working on my blog and interacting with you and other bloggers. I want to do better with documenting my life; I plan to take more pictures and more videos. I also want to be healthier, so cliche I know, but I need to start adulting and actually work out and nourish my body and my mind.

Overall, I have a good feeling about 2018 and the new adventures we will embark on.

How did 2017 treat you and how are you feeling about 2018?

See you soon :)
Kylie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat, shall we?