Thursday, January 5, 2017

Let's Catch Up

Since it’s been a while since I’ve posted on my blog and I want to continue my blog now, I thought it might be a good idea for us to have a little catch up. For me to tell you guys the major events of my life since I left.

I basically stopped posting on my blog around this time my sophomore year of college. What happened between then and the beginning of my junior year isn’t really important, in fact not much aside from doing college and spending time with my family and friends happened. It’s junior year through now where all my major life events have happened.

First, my then boyfriend joined the Army and I got to go to South Carolina to see him graduate from Basic Training. Not long after that, he took two weeks of leave to come home from the second half of his training. During that two-week leave, we got married! On December 27, 2015, he asked my parents if he could marry me and then subsequently asked me to marry him. Then on December 29, 2015, we got married! Yes, we were engaged for less than two days and yes, we gave our families basically no warning. But it’s okay. My dad was the officiant and we had a little get together at my house with my immediate family, his immediate family, and my high school best friend and her family.
My little brother, almost seven years old, walked me down the aisle.
A little after wedding picture. On the far left is one of my best friends, Shawna; then my little brother, and on the far left, my brother-in-law.
Shawna surprised us with a cake.
After that, I continued to go to college and Mark went back to Georgia to finish his training. In January, we got orders to move to Seoul, South Korea after he finished his training in June 2016. Then at the end of May, right after my 21st birthday, he graduated from his training at the very top of the 3 classes that graduated that day! It was incredible to see him do so well and thrive.


Then at the beginning of June, we had two weeks of leave between him graduating and us moving to Korea. So we took a little honeymoon trip to Universal Studios in Florida! I have dreamed of going to Universal for years because I LOVE Harry Potter and wanted to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter since I heard about it. Finally, that dream came true! The three days at Universal were THE BEST! It was so exciting and better than I could have imagined. We also went to Busch Gardens and while we had fun riding the roller coasters, we weren’t that impressed after coming from Universal. 


Then we spent a day and a half at Clearwater Beach and it was my first time at a beach. It was way, way more fun than I imagined it would be and I wish we had more time there. Then we visited our families before we moved to a new country.
 If you're ever at Clearwater Beach, I HIGHLY recommend you stop by Pearly's Beach Eats. They had THE BEST fish tacos I have ever had. They were all we ate.

So we moved to South Korea and I was here for two months before I had to leave to finish my last semester of college! I spent four months in the States finishing up my degree while spending time with my family and college friends. Then, on December 17, 2016, I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in English Literature! It’s surreal to think that I finished college. I feel like my family just dropped me off at college and I’m already finished. I don’t think it really hit me yet because technically it’s still winter break. I think it will really feel real when school starts back up and I’m not joining my friends going to the first day of classes. 
My high school into college best friends. From left to right: Shawna, Felix, and Morgan. 


My English major friends. From left to right: Elizabeth, Sarah, and Jenna.
On the bright-side, I am now permanently living with my husband in Korea and we get to finally and truly begin our life together.


There we go! That is the last year and half of my life in a nutshell. Now I will be able to blog about our adventures as a married couple living overseas in Seoul, South Korea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat, shall we?