Monday, September 1, 2014

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson Review


Hello guys, I have finished Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (I finished it a few weeks ago but I can still write a review, right?). Well this is my first book summary/review so bear with me, I’ll improve.  

Summary: Sanderson has created a world covered in ashes for as long as the population can remember, being ruled by an immortal ruler. There is extreme poverty along the general population and extreme riches among the nobility, the only common trait is a fear of the swirling mists that cover the world at night and of the Lord Ruler who as far as they know is immortal. One day, an unlikely hero stands up to rebel against the Lord Ruler with his team of Alomancers and hopefully they will succeed in overthrowing the empire.

My Thoughts: I loved it! It took about a hundred pages to fully get into, which is not uncommon when it comes to fantasy novels but once I got into it I was hooked. I fell in love with the characters, even ones who aren’t the “main characters”, I feel we could still learn more about all of them but the character development I thought was really thought out. Vin, the protagonist, grows immensely during the novel while the others characters do experience some development. I also really enjoyed the magic in this novel, it was unlike any that I have ever heard or read of and it really helped keep me interested as I wanted to figure out more about this new kind of magic. The world that Sanderson created is awesome, he gives you enough history to understand what is going on but not so much that it bores you and continues to develop the world as the book goes on.  There was not a single part that I was disappointed in. I am honestly not ready to leave this world yet.


Recommend: Yes, I definitely recommend this book! I loved that it was different from other fantasy and non-fantasy that I have read and recommend to anyone who loves, or has yet to try fantasy novels. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. I should state that this isn’t a full on action fantasy book; there is a lot of talking and a lot of political stuff throughout the novel but there is action, particularly until the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat, shall we?