Friday, October 31, 2014

The Halloween Tag


It’s Halloween, it’s Halloween! Whenever Halloween comes around I think about my favorite Halloween book as a child It’s Halloween by Jack Prelutsky. I think my parents still have it at home and it’s definitely been read and re-read and loved; have you ever read it? What’s your favorite Halloween book (can I add that to this tag lol)? Anyway, Happy Halloween! I hope everyone has a great Halloween and stay’s safe with whatever they are doing tonight. I can’t say that Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I do love it since it is in the best season ever! I just watch beautycrush on YouTube do this tag which inspired me to do it and post it on Halloween. So here we go, I hope you enjoy!

#1 What is your favorite Halloween Movie?
I don’t think I have a specific Halloween Movie that’s specifically about Halloween that I love, but here’s a couple movies/shows that I enjoy year round but particularly on Halloween. (1) The Lost Boys, my mom and I love this movie. It is an older movie about a family that movies to California and the sons run into a group of vampires. I love it. (2) The Addams Family, This is a classic movie. I haven’t watched it in years but it always makes me think of Halloween. I want to be Morticia for Halloween one year. I actually saw a Broadway version of this my senior year of high school and loved it! (3) The Nightmare Before Christmas, I see this movie as a Halloween and Christmas movie. I enjoy it nonetheless and find it a cute movie. (4) Finally, the classic It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. It’s tradition for me now to watch it every year before Halloween :) I love any Charlie Brown holiday special.

#2 If you were in a horror movie how far would you get?
I would like to say that I would live through the horror movie just because I’ve seen so many that I know that to do and not to do. Let’s just admit, people in horror movies are stupid and a lot of times if they did the smart thing then they wouldn't die in the movie. However, I don’t know what happens to myself when something terrifying like that happens. So I don’t know. My mom also has a book called How to Survive a Horror Movie and is hilarious. I feel like maybe if I read that I might survive.  

#3 What is your favorite memory of Halloween?
Trick-or-treating! I used to love walking around and getting free candy and seeing all the Halloween decorations. As I got older I started loving going to the scary houses. I wish more people did crazy decorated houses, they don’t even have to be scary (for the little ones sake) but seeing the houses that went all out was fun. I miss it now that I’m older. I wish I could go trick-or-treating with my brother and see him enjoy the holiday but unfortunately I can’t :(

#4 Best/Worse Halloween Costume?
I don’t know, I've gone as a witch or vampire for many years lol. I also went as Harry Potter one year when Harry Potter first came out. I was going to go as a student of Hogwarts this year, but I don’t have the money to spend on expensive Halloween Costumes.

#5 How do you get into the Halloween spirit?
I watch scary movies and Halloween movies, I’m automatically in the Halloween/Fall spirit when October first hits so it doesn't take that much for me.

#6 Favorite Halloween decoration?
I don’t think I have one, but like I said earlier I like seeing people who go all out on the Halloween decorations. Right now in my room I have a lot of cute ghost decorations from Target.

#7 Name one unusual thing you’re afraid of?
This is embarrassing, but bathrooms. I don’t know why but I've had issues with public bathrooms my whole life. It’s not as bad now that I’m older but I still get scared every now and again. It’s gotten so bad sometimes that I will not go into bathrooms and wait till whenever I get to one I feel comfortable in. I will also only go into bathrooms in stores that I know. Let’s also add that if there is a fan, I won’t go in and will just turn and walk out. Also, those exhilarator hand-dryers that are super powerful scare the crap out of me. I’m weird. Don’t judge me.

#8 Vampires or zombies?
For a while after Twilight, I was obsessed with vampires. But now, I love zombies. I think they’re funny and cute in a weird way.

#9 Werewolves or Ghosts?
Ghosts. Again, after Twilight I liked werewolves but that phase is gone and I like ghosts now. I do like the Twilight werewolves that look that gigantic wolves, but I don’t much care for the upright walking werewolves.

#10 Creepy dolls or creepy clowns?
I am actually not afraid of clowns. The movie It never scared me, and when I see clowns they don’t immediately freak me out. Dolls, however, freak me out really bad; especially porcelain dolls…eek. Let me tell you this story, I was about 8 years old and my parents had given me a porcelain doll for Easter and she was really pretty. One day, I was tying my shoes to go outside and play when I looked up at my doll and I swear I saw her head turn from look at the wall across from her to looking at me beside her and then she blinked. I know it was probably a trick of my mind, but it terrified me and I grabbed my shoes and ran out. I later put the doll in my mom’s room and never liked dolls after that. This was also in the house where I had terrible night terrors for the only time in my life so I’m not taking any chances.

#11 Do you believe in ghosts?
I don’t know if I believe in ghosts per say, but I do believe in energy. Remember how in science we were taught that energy cannot be created nor destroyed? Well I believe that that whatever energies, good or bad, stay where they are. If bad stuff happened in a house and there was a lot of sadness or anger then I believe that stays and affects whoever else is there. If there was happiness in the place then I believe that stays as well. Ghosts may or may not exists, but you never know. A restless soul may linger.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. If you do it as well then please comment and tell me so I can read it :).

Happy Halloween and Thank you for reading!

Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat, shall we?